A first contact practitioner (FCP) is an experienced physiotherapist who has the advanced skills necessary to assess, diagnose and recommend appropriate treatment or referral for musculoskeletal (MSK) problems.
This service is available for any patient aged 14 years old and above.
Our expert musculoskeletal practitioners, are highly trained in bone/muscle/joint/ligament issues and will help to diagnose and manage your problem.
Please see the below conditions that will qualify for a Physiotherapist to call and access/triage you. They can offer advice, answer questions and provide exercises all whilst ensuring your medical notes are updated.
- All soft tissue injuries, sprains, strains or sports injuries.
- Arthritis – any joint
- Possible problems with muscles, ligaments, tendon or bone e.g. tennis elbow, carpal tunnel syndrome, ankle sprains
- Spinal pain including lower back pain, mid-back pain and neck pain
- Spinal related pain in arms or legs including nerve symptoms e.g. pins and needles or numbness
- Changes to walking
- Post orthopaedic surgery
- Patients currently on physio waiting list
To book an appointment to speak/see our Physiotherapists please call the surgery.